Can you believe that 2018 is half over? No? I can’t either! It seems like just yesterday that we were still running in multiple layers and trying not to fall on the ice. Now, 2018 certainly has been a rough year for me. It was great for the first two months and next 4 have been a little crazy. This certainly was not the year I had in mind when 2017 came to a close. Even though there have been a lot of bumps and bruises, I am trying my best and I wanted to check in on my goals that I set back in January. Spoiler Alert: I am not doing great.
Recap of my Goals:
- Run 1,400 Miles
- Run 16 New States
- Faster Race Recaps & More Monthly Posts
- Yoga 1x a Week
How I am actually doing …
- Total mileage for the year is coming in at a dismal 365.8 miles. January and February were right on track for the goal of 1,400 miles, but so far this year, January has been my only 100 mile month. With the surgery early in March, I came in at 23.6 miles, but June takes the winner of low mileage coming in at 16.1 miles. I don’t think I will even hit 1,000 miles this year which will be the first time that hasn’t happened since 2014. I would have to hit 105.7 miles a month for 1,000 miles and with dealing with injuries, this doesn’t seem to be the smartest goal to go for. I think at this point I will be satisfied with 800 miles.
2. This goal is going great! I haven’t had the best of races, but I am at least finishing the races and crossing the states off! So far this year I have MS, NV, AZ, DE, MA, NH & CO. I still have SD, ID, ND, WY, HI, MT, NM, AR & OK to go this year. I thought in 2019 I would have AR & TN, but I have changed several races so UT will now be in January and I will be completing this journey on March 31, 2019 in Knoxville, TN at the Covenant Health Knoxville Half Marathon. My favorite race so far this year would be the Sinners & Saints Half in NV and the one I am looking forward to the most still coming up is the Spearfish Half in SD in just a few weeks.
3. Well, this one was going great for the first three months. I was pretty quick on all of my first few months of race recaps and was posting more regularly, but have had a lack of enthusiasm with everything this year. It seems like I am just sharing a lot of bad so far this year. Hopefully this mid-year check in will remind me, that I have always had this blog to talk about the good, the bad and the ugly. I have so many ideas in my head for blog posts that I just need to sit down and get them out.
4. This goal? I have maybe done yoga twice this entire year. However, I have been very consistent (when not injured) about lifting and cross training. I can’t win them all and while I should do more yoga or just do yoga in general, I do appreciate that I’ve been lifting on a more consistent basis so I will take my wins where I can get them.
While 2018 has not been my year, I am trying to make the most of it. In fact, I brought out my bike for the first time in 3 years on Saturday. So maybe, I just need to look at the end of 2018 with a different lens and all will work itself out.
How are you doing on your 2018 goals?